Social tennis is a great way to meet other club members. Sessions are held as follows:
Tuesday 1.30pm-3.30pm – Club Social Play
Wednesday 6pm-10pm – Organised Adult Social Club Play
Friday 1.30pm-3.30pm – Club Social Play
Sunday 4pm-6pm – Club Social Play
The sessions on Tuesdays and Fridays are drop in sessions, all ages and abilities welcome! Players will be paired with a partner, play 8 games and then teams will be mixed up. These are great practice sessions and an opportunity to meet other club players!
2022 has seen a massive increase in attendance at the Wednesday evening social tennis sessions with up to 45 participants. Scott Dobson runs the first hour of these sessions offering a friendly greeting and is generous with tips on how to improve your game. The sessions have fostered many friendships and groups often stay until late socialising, eating and drinking after play.
New membership enquiries are offered a taster session on Wednesday evenings and Scott takes the time to tell them about the Club; guide them in the right direction and encourage them to join. Scott also passes on names to the league captains for them to contact players thus increasing the number of competitive players. He also recommends the 6 week intermediate coaching sessions to those who are rusty as an excellent refresher. This works very well and lots of new members have joined.
The Sunday Social Sessions are also increasing in popularity with a regular 12 keen attendees.
If you know anyone who may be interested in joining the Club send them along to the Wednesday sessions!
Please note that non-members may attend 6 social sessions as a guest on payment of £5 per session.
“I LOVE THE CLUB SOCIAL SESSIONS AS IT GIVES ME A CHANCE TO MEET OTHER CLUB PLAYERS AND ALSO PRACTICE WITH SIMILAR LEVEL PLAYERS”
See our timetable pages for more information.
Some helpful tips for enjoying your social tennis
- Members can attend all social sessions free of charge. Non-members may attend 6 social sessions as a guest on payment of £5 per session.
- Please turn up at least 5 minutes before the session start.
- Please respect the organiser’s decisions. We strive to give everyone balanced games, but it’s not always possible. Sometimes you might be playing with people of a stronger or lesser standard.
- When walking to your court, please wait silently by the side of the court until the point being played is finished before crossing either alongside the net or across the back of the court. This policy also applies to players wanting to access court 8 walking alongside court 3.
- If you need to retrieve a ball from another court in play, please wait until their point has finished to avoid interrupting their game.
- Everyone was new here once. Please help new members while they learn the ropes.
- And finally, our most important tip – have fun!