Safeguarding at Redland Green
Redland Green Club aspires to provide a safe, inclusive and thriving environment for the equal enjoyment of all club members and their visitors.
Our Safeguarding Policy can be accessed here.
Our Use of Changing Rooms Policy can be accessed here.
How we try to be inclusive and respectful to all:
- We seek to provide a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for members, visitors and staff alike.
- We value and celebrate diversity and will make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs.
- We recognise that we share our space with all manner of people, each with differing needs and expectations. We endeavour to be accepting and accommodating accordingly.
- We have a shared responsibility to prioritise the well-being and welfare of those around us, in particular those more vulnerable groups (i.e. children and young people, elderly, disabled etc.)
- Fair play principles of enjoyment, participation, respect apply equally off court as they do on court.
- To act on any concerns regarding another person’s well-being or safety, following the steps recommended below. Doing nothing is not an option. We will be thorough but proportionate in exploring any concerns raised.
Raising a concern
If you experience or witness anything which causes you concern you must first make a decision about whether you think the concern is immediate/on-going AND serious. If so, contacting the police (999) directly could well be the most appropriate response.
If you think the concern falls short of an emergency but still needs to be considered, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Safeguarding Concern‘. This will be received in confidence. Please complete this within 48hrs of the incident.
We will then complete an initial assessment, make contact with you/your parent/carer (if appropriate) and decide on next steps – i.e. whether action is required, whether to investigate in-house or whether to escalate to LTA, ES, LADO, NSPCC etc.
Contacting the Safeguarding team
Safeguarding at Redland is led by Adie Butcher. Adie can be contacted directly on 0117 973 1139 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If for any reason you would rather not speak with anyone at our club you could raise your concern directly with the LTA safeguarding team 020 8487 7000 or England Squash safeguarding team 0161 438 4302.